Further question on "I have nested lists of ints....."

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22823] Further question on "I have nested lists of ints....."
  • From: "Jamie B. McHardy" <jamie.mchard at nokia.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:01:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jens-Peer Kuska has informed me that must use MLGetNext etc in order to
get the information over.  I have this problem though, the function
"SendDataToC" for example,

int SendDataToC( void )
{
     int n, pkt;

     /* Send "LinkBuffer"
        this holds the data that is needed in C,  Refer to the original
question...
      */
     MLPutFunction( stdlink , "EvaluatePacket", 1L);
          MLPutSymbol( stdlink, "LinkBuffer\0");
     MLEndPacket( stdlink );

     /* skip any packets before the first ReturnPacket */
     while( (pkt = MLNextPacket( stdlink ), pkt) && pkt != RETURNPKT) {
            MLNewPacket( stdlink );
            if( MLError( stdlink )) error( stdlink );
     }

     MLGetArgCount(stdlink, &iArgCount);
     while( iArgCount-- )
     {
            /* read_element is a function that uses switch with
                MLGetNext(...) to cope with all types of data in the
structure
                being sent over
                All this is modified from the factor3.c in the
mathematica
                example programs*/
            read_element( stdlink );
     }
}

This just doesn't work.

I have tried this in many different ways, including having manual in the
Template file and then trying to get it over that way.

What is wrong with this method? is it possible to get this data over?
how would I go about doing it.  There seems to be no information  on how
to get non uniform data over a mathlink that is calling an application
from within Mathematica.

Many thanks in advance.

Jamie