Re: Difficult integral

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23435] Re: [mg23417] Difficult integral
  • From: "Richard Finley" <rfinley at medicine.umsmed.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 02:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Marco,
Is there some dependency of rho on x or is rho supposed to be in the exponent of Sin?  As it stands, your integral does not depend on rho which can be taken outside the integral so it is not clear why you were having difficulties.  Please make it more clear what problem you are having.  regards, RF

>>> Marco de Innocentis <mdi11 at hotmail.com> 05/07/00 07:18PM >>>
I need to calculate the following integral

Integrate [(Sin[x])^2 rho Exp[I n x],{x,0,2 Pi}]

as a function of the two parameters rho and n. I have tried it
for rho = 1, 4, 8, 10, and it works, but it doesn't work at all
for rho = 12. I left the computer on all night but only got the
same expression as a result.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Marco