Re: plot discrete spectrum

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23509] Re: plot discrete spectrum
  • From: "John M. Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:44:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"John M. Jowett" wrote:

> Hello,
>           I put this together in a little package after seeing the earlier
> postings.  The auot-saved package file is quoted below.   I'll send the

Sorry everyone, I forgot an important Needs[ ..]  line in the package.  Here is is
again

John Jowett

(*-------------------------------------------------------------------*)

BeginPackage["MathMethods`SpectralPlot`"]

SpectralPlot::usage = "SpectralPlot.m is a package that provides functions for
plotting spectra."

SpectralListPlot::usage = "SpectralListPlot[data] works exactly like ListPlot
except that each point is joined to the horizontal axis by a line and the
PlotJoined option is ignored."

SpectralPlot::badarg = "You called `1` with argument `2`!"

Begin["`Private`"]

Needs["Utilities`FilterOptions`"]

Options[SpectralListPlot]=Select[Options[ListPlot],First[#1]=!=PlotJoined&]

SpectralListPlot[data_,opts___?OptionQ]:=Module[{pl,df},
    df=DisplayFunction/.{opts}/.Options[SpectralListPlot];
    pl=ListPlot[data,PlotJoined\[Rule]False,
          Evaluate[FilterOptions[ListPlot,opts]],
          DisplayFunction\[Rule]Identity]/.Point[{x_,y_}]\[RuleDelayed]
          Line[{{x,y},{x,0}}];
    Show[pl,DisplayFunction\[Rule]df,Evaluate[FilterOptions[Graphics,opts]],
      Evaluate[FilterOptions[Graphics,Options[SpectralListPlot]]]]
    ]

End[ ]

EndPackage[ ]