Re: checking for a dead MathLink connection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23635] Re: checking for a dead MathLink connection
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 01:00:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Albert,

I think

"Check[expr, failexpr] evaluates expr, and returns the result, unless \
messages were generated, in which case it evaluates and returns
failexpr. \
Check[expr, failexpr, s1::t1, s2::t2, ... ] checks only for the
specified \
messages."

will help you.

But in gerneral your MathLink connection must be alive until
you terminatet it with Uninstall[] all other cases are an error
of the MathLink child and must corrected in the MathLink
program and *not* by the kernel.

Regards
  Jens