How to get the Outer Product of two Matries ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25856] How to get the Outer Product of two Matries ?
  • From: liwen liwen <gzgear at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 01:25:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear friends,
           I want to ask a question about the
operation of Matrix:
matr1={x1,y1,z1};
matr2={x2,y2,z3};
I want to get the result of this operation:
OuterProduct=matr1 x matr2(this expression
is the same as that in Linear Algebra .) The answer
is:x3 = y1*z2 - y2*z1;
y3 = z1*x2 - x1*z2;
z3 = x1*y2 - x2*y1;
OuterProduct = {x3, y3, z3};
How can I use any function included in Mathematica4 to
calculate out the result ?

I need the function to research the non-circular gears
geometry .If anyone is good at the area,
please send message to me .

Best Regards,
Liwen
E-mail: gzgear at yahoo.com