Executing a notebook repeatedly from a script

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25954] Executing a notebook repeatedly from a script
  • From: dkeith at sarif.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 03:46:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am looking for a way to automate the repeated execution of a notebook
on new data. The notebook as I use it now reads all of the files in a
directory (jpg images), processes them in varying ways to extract
numerical values of different types, and then writes these values to a
summary file for later use. The images associated with different data
sets are stored in seperate directories which, at this time, must be
processed by running the notebook after altering a string value which
is the directory name containing the files. A fresh kernel is used each
time to recover memory since the memory consumption is very high.

I would like to automate this so that it performs this process on each
subdirectory under some higher level directory. If the notebook was
much less complicated, I would rewrite it as a single function to be
applied to a directory name string and then just Map it onto a list of
names, but it is way to complicated to make me want to approach it that
way.

Can anyone suggest a way of handling this?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.