3D movement

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26076] 3D movement
  • From: manager208 at home.com (Tin)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:56:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Anyone have the equations in QB format to move a point in a 3D world,
more specifically, in a 3D space with dimensions of -8192 to 8192 in
all XYZ planes, and X Y Z rotation values of 0 to 359 deg, im looking
for the needed math to move me from point a to point b, with a
definable step rate , using XYZ location and rotation values.

ie.  The rotaion values define the direction of travel from point a to
point b .

also note: im not trying to learn how to program in 3D, im using VRS
"Virtual Reality Studio" to design my 3D world. This math will be used
to allow better contol over movement in my 3D world then the built in
contorls of VRS allow. I prefere a Quick Basic format because i use
and understand that langage.

PS. ill take what you have to offer though. :o)
TIA