Re: NDSolve help needed for nonlinear eq.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26064] Re: NDSolve help needed for nonlinear eq.
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:55:53 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com> <qDKQ5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Bill Bertram wrote: > > Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote in message > news:qDKQ5.1279$b16.93558 at ralph.vnet.net... > > Hi, > > > > did you have a differential equation too ? > > And not only the boundary conditions. Otherwise > > A=0, B=const is your solution. You realy need Mathematica > > for that ? > > The original poster stated quite clearly that he was trying to solve two > non-linear ordinary DEs. But he can't type it out? >It doesn't matter what these DEs are, Mathematica > V4 doesn't solve non-linear boudary value problems. You mean NDSolve can't solve ... Mathematica can solve it. Every one can write down a simple shooting method with a few lines of Mathematica code. If some one ask "how to solve .." but he don't write down *what* he wish to solve. And the original poster asked for > If it is impossible to solve using ordinary NDSolve, is there any way > to improve NDSolve function by means of some additional programs or > subroutines? Therefore it is very important that kind of diff. eqn's he has. Regards Jens