Indefinite Integrals?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26127] Indefinite Integrals?
  • From: "drek" <drek1976 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:56:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I have defined some parameters as follows:
k0:=1.52
u0 := Sqrt[x^2 - k0^2]
u :=Sqrt[x^2 - 2.56 * k0^2]
DTE := u0 + u * Coth[u*2.0]
J0[b_] := BesselJ[0, b]

I then try to integrate a function as follows:
GA=Integrate[J0[x * 2] * x / DTE, {x, 0, 100}]

Errors occur as a singularity exists at DTE for x=0, resulting in indefinite
integrals. I believe that it may be possible to solve the integration
problem using the residue theorem. However, I would like to know if there
are any functions available in Mathematica 4.0 which may be able to solve
such indefinite integrals.

Thanks to all who may be able to enlighten me on this question.

Derek