"up" in 3D animations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26094] "up" in 3D animations
  • From: Frank Schobel <frank.schobel at kfunigraz.ac.at>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:55:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Also I have a problem with Mathematica.
I need to revolve a tree dimensional object, produced by the
GarnetSurfaces package (Ross Moore-Dept of Mathematics, Macquari
University North Ryde Australia around a certain axes.
I solve the problem by calculating the vector coordinates of every new
ViewPoint, but there is a problem when I rotate the object around
horizontal axes. Half of  produced images ar the mirrored images of the
other half, so that I can see only the "front face" of the object and
not the back face. I think the solution is to fix every time the "up" of
the systhem. This seams to be a problem that has  to be solved currently
in any 3D animation, but for me is the first time that I am confronted
with it.
So, can some one help me? Is there in the Mathematica Package a certain
function or atribut that specifies the "up"?

Thank you,

frank schobel

Here are the contents for your mathpass file:
      6139-70805-70725        L2318-9882      9003-564-070:1:8:20001201
Requestor Information:
Name: Institut f=FCr Geologie und Pal=E4ontologie
Lab or Facility: Universit=E4t Graz
Email address: frank.schobel at kfunigraz.ac.at
If you have any questions about Wolfram Research or Mathematica, please
contact Wolfram Research Customer Service.

In U.S. and non-European countries:
email: register at wolfram.com
phone: 217-398-5151 (8am-5pm, M-F, CT)
fax  : 217-398-1108