Computeralgebra in University physics teaching

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26143] Computeralgebra in University physics teaching
  • From: sdraaijer at my-deja.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:56:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear colleague or addressee,

We kindly ask you to participate in our current review on the use of
Computer Algebra Systems (CAS) in University Physics Teaching. You can
find an online questionnaire by pointing your browser to
http://www.icto.vu.nl/mechanica/. It contains 24 questions and will
take about 5 minutes to fill in. If you have questions regarding the
webform, please contact s.draaijer at icto.vu.nl.

This questionnaire is intended for those who have hands-on experience
with the use of CAS in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or Chemistry
Teaching at University level. If you do not have such experience
personally, we kindly ask you to forward this mail to a relevant
colleague. Please feel also free to forward this mail to other
interested colleagues in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or Chemistry.

The purpose of the review is to improve CAS supported teaching by
learning from each other's experience. If you participate in this
review, you will receive the full report promptly upon completion.

We would also highly appreciate receiving (by e-mail or ordinary mail)
any evaluation reports, which you are allowed to provide. Confidential
reports are of considerable interest to us as background information,
but will not be used for the compilation of present review.

The e-mail addresses we collect and the data acquired in this review
will be used only for the purpose of this review and will be treated
strictly confidentially.

Review carried out for:
Rinke J. Wijngaarden
Hans Spoelder
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Faculty of Sciences
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam

Review carried out by:
Silvester Draaijer
group ICT in education
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam

With kind regards,
Silvester Draaijer
ir. Silvester Draaijer
onderwijskundig adviseur
Onderwijs Adviesbureau van de Vrije Universiteit
ICT Onderwijscentrum
De Boelelaan 1115 (Provisorium)
kamer C-113
1081 HV Amsterdam
tel: 020-4445479
tel XOIP: 020-8703721 (for voice- to e-mail and fax to e-mail)
http://www.icto.vu.nl/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.