how to print symbols?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26144] how to print symbols?
  • From: Peter Joseph <joseph at oasis.rad.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:03:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I received so many excellent responses to my last query of your group I
thought I would try again.

My problem is getting my system to print out the mathematical symbols that
Mathematica shows on the screen.  I am talking about greek letters like
lamda, phi, and symbols like integral, partial derivative, etc.  I have a
fairly common IBM-PC compatible system running Windows 98 and a recent
Hewlett Packard printer.  When I try to print out a notebook, the symbols
print as an empty rectangular box.  Is there some sort of special font or
printer driver that can correct this problem?  If I print to a file, is
there some sort of interpreter that can translate this for printing on my
HP printer.  The printer is not equiped with PostScript, but I do have an
interpretor so I can print PostScript files.

Thanks for all your help.

Professor Peter Joseph, Ph.D.
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA, USA