RE: Graphics for LOWER INTEGRAL

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26160] RE: [mg26122] Graphics for LOWER INTEGRAL
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:04:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ernesto,

My DrawingPaperTutorial, which requires the DrawingPaper packages, all
available at my web site, contains an animated Riemann Sum example. It
performs random partitions of the integration interval, and picks x points
randomly within each partition interval. It then draws the rectangles and
the curve. The animation shows how the picture changes and the sum
approaches the integral as the norm of the partition is reduced. However, it
does not show lower and upper bound rectangles, rather it shows the
rectangles that go through the randomly choosen intervalpoints. It would not
be difficult to modify the plot to show the lower and upper bounding
rectangles.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/