- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25500] Advice?
- From: "Blitzer" <drek1976 at hotmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi all, I'm new to Mathematica. I want to plot a figure which looks like this: 1) in z-x plane, z=a(1-Abs[x]), a is a constant 2) This figure is to be multiplied by a pulse (which I can get using "UnitStep" functions) in the x-y plane. This pulse is of say magnitude b, a constant. The final figure would look like a roof. I am able to plot one out using Plot3D, limiting the ranges. However, I want this figure to be reproduced on a 3D plane, with varying "a"s and "b"s. I am unable to do it, as I am not able to "multiply" the pulse by the roof function, to get the dimensions I want. As such, I cannot regurgitate the figure at varying positions. Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks. Derek