Graphing, Symbolic Manipulation, and Regressions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25523] Graphing, Symbolic Manipulation, and Regressions
- From: "Ian Fan" <ian at v-wave.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, can anyone please help me by telling me how to graph more than one function on the same graph; and also how I would go about graphing "non functions", ex. graphing y= +/-Sqrt[x]. Also, is there any way to be able to just *show* the function that I input? ex. (x(x + 2))/x^2 that would come out as: x(x + 2) --------- x^2 instead of the simplified form: 2 + x ------- x Lastly, how would I go about doing regressions? I tried reading the help files but it did not help me much. For example, if I want to find the formula for the quadratic equation with the points (1, 3), (-1, -3), (2, 6) what command would I put in? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.