Graphing, Symbolic Manipulation, and Regressions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25523] Graphing, Symbolic Manipulation, and Regressions
  • From: "Ian Fan" <ian at v-wave.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, can anyone please help me by telling me how to graph more than one
function on the same graph; and also how I would go about graphing "non
functions", ex. graphing y= +/-Sqrt[x].

Also, is there any way to be able to just *show* the function that I input?
ex. (x(x + 2))/x^2 that would come out as:

 x(x + 2)
---------
   x^2

instead of the simplified form:

 2 + x
-------

Lastly, how would I go about doing regressions? I tried reading the help
files but it did not help me much. For example, if I want to find the
formula for the quadratic equation with the points (1, 3), (-1, -3), (2, 6)
what command would I put in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.