RE: Hold, HoldForm, ReleaseHold when Plotting multiple functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25506] RE: [mg25481] Hold, HoldForm, ReleaseHold when Plotting multiple functions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sean,

It is difficult to understand why the first form works and the second form
generates error messages. Could you show us some of the error messages?
Could you tell us more about the nature of the bandwidth function? Is it
possible to produce a simple function which reproduces the error messages
which you could show us?

If the functions are very complicated, and time consuming to calculate, you
may want to generate InterpolatingFunctions for them first, outside of the
Plot command. Both forms of the Plot statement should work for them and you
won't redoing complicated calculations inside of the Plot statement.

Keep posting this to MathGroup. You should be able to get some help from
someone.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/