Re: Graphic Size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25558] Re: Graphic Size
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 03:36:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 6 Oct 2000, daniel wild wrote:

> I try to print a graphic wich has 1 (exactly) cm for unit in the x-axe and
> the y-axe. How can I do ? I have try things like this :
>

> xdim={-9,9}
> Taille:=(xdim[[2]]-xdim[[1]])*72/2.54
>
> Plot[f[x],{x,xdim[[1]],xdim[[2]]},AspectRatio->Automatic,
>   PlotRange->{-9,9},Axes->False,ImageSize->Taille]
>

> ...but unsuccessfully !

What do you define as "unsuccessfully"?

If you mean that the graphic prints at a size smaller than what you
specify, chances are you are using the Default notebook style sheet, which
is set to reduce Graphics style cells to 80 % of their original size.

This question has been addressed on this newsgroup before.

http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1998/Nov/msg00341.html

It an be resolve very easily.

--
P.J. Hinton