Re: How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25682] Re: How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?
- From: "Louis M. Pecora" <pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8sjiq6$ft4 at smc.vnet.net>, P.J. Hinton <paulh at wolfram.com> wrote: > On 16 Oct 2000, Lou Pecora wrote: > > > I generate data in my C programs and write it to a file using %e > > format in many of my programs. This leads to numbers like 1.2e-01 and > > 3.6e+02. When I use Import in Mathematica it handles the negative > > exponents fine, but things like e+02 or e+00 are treated like strings. > > How can I get Mathematica to recognize positive exponents as numbers? > > If I go into each file and eliminate the "+" it does recognize things > > as numbers, but I don't want to have to edit every data file put out in > > my calculations. I'm hoping there is a simple workaround, otherwise I > > classify this behavior as a BAD 'feature'. Help, anyone. Thanks. > > Answers to this and other frequently asked questions may be found at the > Wolfram Research Technical Support website: > > http://support.wolfram.com/Kernel/Files/Fortran.html > > This problem has been fixed for an upcoming release of Mathematica. Thanks. I've tried the wolfram solution offer above and it works fine. Very easy to do.