Help, Please Help: Laplace Transform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25746] Help, Please Help: Laplace Transform
  • From: "J. Darren Peterson" <jdarren at ala.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:42:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The current project on which I am working as a software engineer requires
that I perform, in software, a Laplace Transform upon a value as follows.

Qlag  =     Q / (S + 1)

The only information I have to date about S is that it denotes a Laplace
operation.  I'm afraid I don't know what to do with the value Q in regards
to the intended Laplace Transform.  As written, does the equation imply
unequivocably that the Laplace operation is to act upon the value Q?  To
encode the operation in softare, I must know how to manually perform
whatever is to be done.  Although a coworker suggested that a matrix is
involved, I do not yet have a clue how to begin such a calculation.

J. Darren Peterson