Solving For 0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25791] Solving For 0
  • From: bobmarley4u2c at my-deja.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:53:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I noticed that when I use my Ti-89 or Mathematica 4.0, they solve for
the roots very fast. I tried to create program simliar to that in C++,
but I am having no luck. I tried the Iterative Method, which works, but
it is extremly long. Then I tried Newton-Raphson method, which I got
only to work for 3rd degree polynomial. It Newton-Rapson method just
gives me the same answers after the 3rd degree.
Someone please help

e-mail me at nganta82 at hotmail.com

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/