- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24992] PointInsidePolyhedronQ
- From: Will Self <wself at msubillings.edu>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 01:09:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I need a function that will accept as input a polyhedron and a point, and will tell whether the point lies inside the polyhedron. The polyhedron may be homeomorphic to a sphere, or a torus, or a double torus, etc. The faces of the polyhedron are triangles, and each face has associated with it the unit outward normal. I would think that knowing these normals could be a big help. Can someone help me? I realize this is not exactly the right forum, but this will be written in Mathematica.... If there is a more appropriate forum can someone tell me? Thanks, Will Self Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.