PointInsidePolyhedronQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24992] PointInsidePolyhedronQ
  • From: Will Self <wself at msubillings.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 01:09:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need a function that will accept as input a polyhedron and a
point, and will tell whether the point lies inside the polyhedron.
The polyhedron may be homeomorphic to a sphere, or a torus, or
a double torus, etc.  The faces of the polyhedron are triangles,
and each face has associated with it the unit outward normal.
I would think that knowing these normals could be a big help.
Can someone help me?  I realize this is not exactly the right
forum, but this will be written in Mathematica....  If there is
a more appropriate forum can someone tell me?

Thanks,

Will Self

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.