Button to Get File Path

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25025] Button to Get File Path
  • From: Maarten.vanderBurgt at icos.be
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 21:57:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

How do I create a button in a notebook that,  when clicked, performs the
same action as the Front End menu command Input/Get File Path.
After selecting a file and a click on the Open button the file path should
be returned in the notebook in a variable.

Can this be done?
(I am using Mathematica 4 under Windows).

Thanks for your Help

Maarten van der Burgt
Leuven, Belgium