Faulty feature of Factor?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25113] Faulty feature of Factor?
- From: Jack Goldberg <jackgold at math.lsa.umich.edu>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:14:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi group, Guess what Mathematica returns when you ask for Factor[x-.1] ? Don't peek; guess first. If this is a feature, please explain its usefulness. If this is a (pardon the b-word) bug, how can one get around it? The same difficulty arises in many other cases, but this seems to me to be the most egregious. Thanks everyone. Jack