Re: Exporting to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25123] Re: Exporting to MS Word
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 7 Sep 2000, Tom Compton wrote:

> I tried what you suggested.  My plots were microscopic.

What version of Mathematica were you using to generate the RTF file?

> How do I do the PostScript process on a Windows PC?

The process consists of two steps:

1) Print the notebook, selecting a printer driver that emits PostScript
and specifying on the print dialog box that you wish to print to a file
rather than to a physical printer.  For best results, you may want to
download the free generic PostScript printer driver that is offered by
Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/products/printerdrivers/main.html

2) Obtain and install a PostScript-to-PDF converter program and
supply the file you generated in (1) as input.

Below are two possible utilities you may want to consider.  They are
presented for information purposes only and should not be construed as
endorsements.

Adobe's Acrobat suite (not the freeware reader) offers a utility called
Distiller:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrdis/main.html

Frank Siegert has a shareware utility named PStill:

http://www.this.net/~frank/pstill.html

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com