Re: Mathematica 3.0 & MathReader 4.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25192] Re: Mathematica 3.0 & MathReader 4.0
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:24:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> The only thing you have to work around is file associations for
> notebooks.
> Once Mathreader is installed, you may find that double-clicking on a
> notebook's icon will result in it being loaded in MathReader.  Check your
> operating system documentation for information on how to adjust file
> associations.

Paul,

As you know, I've bumped up against this problem, and haven't, yet,
found the solution for the Mac case, though several people responded on
the the Windows solution.

In fact, as a test I just opened a notebook in Mathematica 4.0 (by
dragging the notebook on top of a Mathematica 4.0 alias);  then did not
merely a SAVE, but a SAVE AS on the notebook from Mathematica 4.0; and
then double-clicked on the SAVED AS notebook.

Result:  the notebook opened in MathReader 4.0, not Mathematica 4.0.
That's NOT supposed to happen, and I think indicates that Mathematica has
somehow messed up the standard actions of the Mac OS.

   --AES