3-D plotting of irregular datalist in spherical coordinates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25213] 3-D plotting of irregular datalist in spherical coordinates
  • From: "Siddiq Qidwai" <siddiq_qidwai at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:21:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

I've an irregular list (20 x 40 grid) of numbers to be plotted in 3-D. The
data is in spherical coordinates, i.e., r, theta and phi. I've used the
SetCoordinates[Spherical[r, theta, phi]] and ListSurfacePlot3D commands in
tandem but they apprently still spew out the plot in cartesian coordinates.
I use Mathematica version 3.0. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Siddiq