Re: Re: Mathematica Publication Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25219] Re: [mg25069] Re: Mathematica Publication Question
  • From: Stephen Speicher <sjs at compbio.caltech.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:21:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for the suggestion, Jack, but Hales' work on the Kepler
conjecture hardly qualifies as a "closed-form solution" provided
by Mathematica.  I'm beginning to think that the claim is bogus,
perhaps an exaggeration of real work.

Stephen
sjs at compbio.caltech.edu

You can always tell a pioneer by the arrows in his back.

Printed using 100% recycled electrons.