InequalitySolve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25423] InequalitySolve?
  • From: ravanrip at yahoo.com (Ryan VanRiper (--))
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:07:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,  I am attempting some constraint programming with mathematica and
need some help.  I have a list of inequalties and a list of variables
that im interested in solving for.   Im using InequalitySolve to do
the job and it works great.  My question is if by chance a inequality
or equation comes into my list which makes the solution unsolvable how
could i find the offending equations and later the variables that are
causing the constraint search to fail?

When i feed some far out values it fails as expected however
InequalitySolve returns the value "False" and thats it.. How do i find
the offending equations or variables that made my solve fail?

Thanks for your ideas
Ryan