RE: Manipulating Strings

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28286] RE: [mg28248] Manipulating Strings
  • From: "Harvey P. Dale" <hpd1 at nyu.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 03:44:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Brian:
	str1="CLKJLDiCXLklJDMXLKJdLmxLLLEIKXMDLKJcMDLKJXMeNNlB"
	StringJoin[Characters[str1]//.{a___,b_,b_,c___}\[Rule]{a,b,c}]
	Then the output is: CLKJLDiCXLklJDMXLKJdLmxLEIKXMDLKJcMDLKJXMeNlB
	Best,
	Harvey
Professor Harvey P. Dale
Director
National Center on Philanthropy and the Law
New York University School of Law
Room 206A
110 West 3rd Street
New York, N.Y. 10012-1074