Fonts for Yap DVI-PS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28339] Fonts for Yap DVI-PS
  • From: sch at mitre.org (Stu Schaffner)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:18:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am using Mathematica to generate EPS graphics files that I use as
figures in LaTeX files.  I use the MikTeX system for that, which uses
Yap and GhostScript for rendering.  The resulting PostScript output
doesn't use the correct font.  For example, the greek letter phi comes
out as f.

Does anybody know a simple way to tell MikTeX about whatever special
font Mathematica is using?  Even better, is there some way to tell
Mathematica to use a standard LaTeX font for simple expressions in EPS
graphics output?

Stu Schaffner,
student at Northeastern Univ. Dept. of Physics