Help!!!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28333] Help!!!
  • From: Loke Seng Onn <sengonn at cimb.com.my>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:17:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

Can anyone help with this?

I'm trying to write a C++ interface between MS SQL Server and the kernel
implemented as an extended stored proc (.dll).

To save execution time I need to have the kernel up and running and simply
have the stored proc connect to it. Problem is it doesn't seem to want to
connect!

Currently my process is :

"D:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\4.1\math.exe" -linkmode
listen -mathlink

A msgbox comes up with "Link opened on 2"

Then in the C++ .dll :
(excerpt)
	char *openSz;
	long Err;
	MLENV ep = NULL;
	MLINK lp = NULL;

	openSz = "-linkname 2 -linkmode listen  ";
	Err = 0;

	ep =  MLInitialize(NULL);
	if( ep == NULL) return 1;

	lp = MLOpenString(ep, openSz, &Err);
	if( lp == NULL) return 2;

(excerpt)

Problem is although lp is not NULL, it still does not seem to be a live
connection as tested by MLConnect(lp)

Can anyone help? Thanks