Re: MathLink for Excel XP?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30279] Re: [mg30268] MathLink for Excel XP?
  • From: "Matthew D. Langston" <langston at SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:02:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Brian,

I called Wolfram Technical Support last week to inquire about whether
MathLink for Excel will work with Excel XP, since we depend on MathLink for
Excel for our work and our department computers are being updated this
weekend to Office XP (and we have no choice in the matter).  The Wolfram
representative said that MathLink for Excel currently DOES NOT work with
Excel XP, that it is a known issue, and that one of Wolfram's programmers
was actively working on it and a fix should be ready "soon".  I was told
that I would be contacted by Wolfram when a patch is available.

Might I suggest that you contact Wolfram as well and let them know you are
interested in getting MathLink for Excel to work with Excel XP.  The more
they know that users need MathLink for Excel to work with Office XP, the
better for everyone.

Regards, Matt