Re: Notebook Filename

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30342] Re: Notebook Filename
  • From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <9kqjuf$4fp$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Doug Pickering" <Pickering at BrandonU.ca> wrote:

> Is there a way to identify the filename of the notebook in use from within
> that notebook.

To extend this very sensible question:

1)  Is there a way to get the _path_ name for the notebook?

2)  Is there a simple way to set that path to be the default path for
writes and reads and Export[ ]s and Import[ ]s from that notebook?

(I suspect Prof. Pickering's reason for asking this may be the same as
mine, namely if we have some notebook that does calculations for
"Project B" and this notebook is located in a folder named "Project B
Files", we'd like reads and writes and Export[ ]s and Import[]s
associated with that notebook to go by default into the "Project B
Files" folder, and not off into some distant Mathematica home folder.)

   --AES