Contour List Plot on Surface of Sphere?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30384] Contour List Plot on Surface of Sphere?
  • From: "Warner A. Miller" <wam at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:45:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I want to plot contours of frequency on a spherical surface from a
table of data {theta,phi,frequency} where theta and phi are standard
spherical polar coordinates. These contours will be curves on the
surface of a sphere. Can Mathematica do such a plot? If yes, how? As
far as i know, Mathematica can do contours of f(theta,phi) on a sphere
but can I equally well plot a table of data? Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Warner A. Miller
Leader, Theoretical Astrophysics Group
Theoretical Division