Re: How to do a simple loop?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30433] Re: How to do a simple loop?
  • From: "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver.friedrich at tz-mikroelektronik.de>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 04:04:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Vadim,

1. To print the function i times

Table[x*i-i,{i,100}]//TableForm

It creates a list with i elements. Each element represents your desired
expression.

2. Plot the function

Scan[ Plot[ x i-i, {i,0,#}]&, Range[100]]

Range creates a table with elements 1 to 100. Scan operates the Plot
function on each of that elements. The element is inserted at the # (a so
called pure function). Careful with that x, you must replace it with a
numerical value, cause Plot won't evaluate on non-numeric expressions.

3. Find the Integral

Map[Integrate [x i-i, {x, 0, #}]&,Range[5]]

Same as above, except that Map creates a list with the result.

Have fun

Oliver Friedrich

news:9ligqt$is2$1 at smc.vnet.net...