How do I script the evaluation of a Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30515] How do I script the evaluation of a Notebook
  • From: "Matthew D. Langston" <langston at SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:58:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How do I script the evaluation of a Notebook?

I'd like to programmatically evaluate a Notebook multiple times in a loop.
Although I don't know how to write it, here is the Mathematic pseudo-code
that I'd like to learn how to write:

nb = NotebookOpen["foo.nb"]
Do[NotebookEvaluate[nb], {myVar,4}]

I made up the name "NotebookEvaluate" because it is not a real Mathematica
function, but it does describe what I want to do.  Is there a function in
Mathematica that takes a Notebook expression and evaluate the entire
Notebook?  Thanks for your help.

Regards, Matt

--
Matthew D. Langston