Re: Bessel Function Zeros at 0 Not Given?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31792] Re: Bessel Function Zeros at 0 Not Given?
- From: Tom Burton <tburton at cts.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 04:25:11 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The second paragraph of the Help includes the phrase "positive zeros". I consider myself properly warned. On Sat, 1 Dec 2001 08:16:35 +0000 (UTC), in comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica you wrote: >Isn't BesselJ[1,x] considered to have a zero at x = 0? Seems odd that >BesselJZeros[1,5] doesn't give it. > >At a minimum, the Standard Package documentation might mention this, to alert >the user . . . Tom Burton