Re: NDSolve problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31817] Re: NDSolve problem
  • From: Roland Franzius <Roland.franzius at Uos.de>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:51:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If the system of ODE's has a critical point somewhere, say at x=a,  it should
always be possible, to extract the singularilty by the ansatz  of critical
exponents
y_i  = (x-a)^(s_i)   z_i(x), i=1,..n
in such a way that the resulting system for z is smooth or L^1 or something like
that. At least one solution should be well behaved at this point then.

--
Roland Franzius