Re: Split-Step Fourier Method
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31910] Re: Split-Step Fourier Method
- From: Robert Knapp <rknapp at wolfram.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:33:47 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
martin skogstad wrote: > > Hi Group > > Does anyone have , or knows where I can find a piece of mathematica > code > for the Split Step Fourier Method ?? > > I need to solve the Nonlinear Schrödinger Equation for an hyperbolic > secant envelope optical pulse on an optical fiber, using this > particular numerical method. > Look in http://members.wri.com/rknapp/Talks/IMS/ There is a gzipped NLS.tgz which contains everything in the NLS Talk directory at the same URL. The Code folder in the NLS Talk directory has the code to do this using arbitrary time order (I recommend the default fourth order). This is not a production code, so you may need to read parts of the talk to figure out how it works.