Q: How to get Mathematica to find an external DLL?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27046] Q: How to get Mathematica to find an external DLL?
  • From: Claudius Schnörr <schnoerr at mailzone.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:00:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I'd like to call an external tool from within Mathematica under Win98. This external
tool is compiled under cygwin and needs cygwin1.dll.
The command I tried to launch: !"tool.exe"
Mathematica starts a shell, I think it is a DOS-Shell. It disappears immeatedly, and Mathematica
complains about not finding cygwin1.dll.

I tried to specified the path by appending it
1) to Mathematica's $Path-Variable;
2) to the %PATH% Environment-Variable in AUTOEXEC.BAT for DOS which I think
should be the right place;
(3) in the cygwin-$Path-Environment it was already defined.

Any hints are welcome!

Please send a copy of your answer directly to schnoerr at mailzone.com

Thank you very much in advance.

With best wishes,

Claudius

Dr.-Ing. Claudius Schn"orr        Tel: ++49-(0)211-5591570
Sigmaringenstr. 2
40547 D"usseldorf / Germany       e-mail: schnoerr at mailzone.com