Re: Typesetting summation and product symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27097] Re: Typesetting summation and product symbols
  • From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 02:58:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Raul, The easiest way to do this is to use the summation symbol from the
Basic Calculations Palette and not the Basic Input palette. As far as I
can tell, inline cells have the ScriptLevel option set at 1 when you
select from the basic Input palette, while ScriptLevel is set at 0 when
you use the Basic Calculations palette. The former ensures that you do
not have large spaces between text lines when you use
subscripts/superscripts in an inline cell. Perhaps others on this group
have more insight into this pesky problem

Brian

 In article <95glt6$8ge at smc.vnet.net>,
  Raul Martinez <rmartinez at vrinc.com> wrote:
> Mathgroup,
>
> Typing inText mode, when I click the Basic Input palette to typeset
the
> summation (the large sigma symbol) or the product (the large pi
symbol),
> the upper and lower limits of the operation show up in line with the
> symbol instead of above and below the symbol.
>
> When I type the same symbols in Input mode, the limits show up
> correctly, above and below the symbol.
>
> How can I get the limits to show above and below the symbol in Text
> mode.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Raul Martinez
>
> PS. I asked the same question to Wolfram support, but more than 24 hrs
> later I have not received an answ

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/