Re: Problem in loading own Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27140] Re: Problem in loading own Package
  • From: vze295bp at verizon.net (David Reiss)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:12:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <95l38f$e2r at smc.vnet.net>, Ossama Kullie
<kullie at hrz.uni-kassel.de> wrote:

> Dear Mathematica users can you help me?
>
> I have written the folloing  package
>
> BeginPackage["Poisson`"]
>  Clear[PoissonBracket]
> PoissonBracket::usage = "PoissonBracket[a, b,n] calculates the Piosson
> bracket for tow functions a and b which depend on the variables p, q"
> Begin["`Private`"]
> PoissonBracket[a_, b_, n_] := Block[{pk, n},
>       pk =
>         Simplify[
>           Sum[D[a, q[i]]* D[b,p[i]] - D[a,p[i]] * D[b,q[i]], {i,1,n}]]]
> End[]
> EndPackage[]
>
>  and I have put it in a file Poisson.m, and  tried all possibilties to
> load the package but it doesnot work!
>  Mathematica has read the file Poisson.m, but the function PoissonBracket
>  is not created
>   As Example :
>  Needs["Poisson`", "Poisson.m"]
>  give the folloing error
>  Needs::nocont: Context Poisson` was not created when Needs was
>  evaluated.
>  or: <<Poisson`
>      then
>      ?? PoissonBracket
>      Information::notfound: Symbol PoissonBracket not found.
>
>  or: Get["Poisson.m"]
>    and then
>    ?? PoissonBracket
>    nformation::notfound: Symbol PoissonBracket not found.
>
>    the folloing information may be usfel to anser my quation
>    $ContextPath
>    Context[Poisson]
>    ?? Poisson
>
>    this give the Output
>
>   {"Global`", "System`"}
>   "Global`"
>   "Global`Poisson"
>  the funktion PoissonBracke work very well, when I create it in my
>  Notebook, only in a package doesnot!
>  I cannot find any error, why I cannot load the
>  function PoissonBracket from the pachage? .

Where is the file Poisson.m?  If you have placed it in
your AddOns>Applications directory then

 Needs["Poisson`"

will work (I just verified this on my system).  If it is not
in that directory then you need to tell
Mathematica to look in the relevant directory by
either Appending the directory path to the list $Path.

--David

--
) Scientific Arts: http://www.scientificarts.com
) Creative Services and Consultation for the Applied