Statistics`MeanDifferenceTest

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27424] Statistics`MeanDifferenceTest
  • From: Daniel Reeves <dreeves at eecs.umich.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:53:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I understand that given two samples s1 and s2, with means u1 and u2
(u1>u2), MeanDifferenceTest[s1, s2, 0] gives the probability that the
difference in sample means would be greater than or equal to u1-u2 given
that the true means of the distributions from which they are sampled are
equal.

Knowing that, how can I compute the probability that the true mean of the
distribution from wich s1 was sampled is greater than the true mean of the
distribution from which s2 was sampled?

Thanks so much!
Daniel Reeves

Daniel Reeves               http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/dreeves/

"You think you know when you learn,
 are more sure when you can write,
 even more when you can teach,
 but certain when you can program."  -- Alan Perlis