RE: Combining 3D Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26517] RE: [mg26512] Combining 3D Graphics
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 02:32:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Robert,

The following works all right for me.

Needs["Graphics`Shapes`"]

pts = Table[
      With[
        {t = Random[Real, {0, Pi}],
          p = Random[Real, {0, 2 Pi}],
          r = Random[Real, {1.1, 1.5}]},
        r{Cos[p]Sin[t], Sin[p]Sin[t], Cos[t]}], {20}];

Show[Graphics3D[{Sphere[], {PointSize[0.03], Point /@ pts}}]];

This shows the points and the sphere. But then I don't know how your points
are located. You might try adjusting your PlotRange. The default
PlotRange -> Automatic sometimes does strange things. Are all of your points
actually far outside the sphere? If I make the radial distance of the points
between 400 and 500 and use Sphere[0.2] for your last case I get what you
get. Use PlotRange and Axes -> True to make certain you are getting the same
scale on each of the plots. Also check what the actual radii of your points
are.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/