Re: please tell me if individual contours can be labled in ContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26534] Re: please tell me if individual contours can be labled in ContourPlot
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 04:08:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you may look at the ExtendGraphics Packages for Mathematica 3.0+x
at MathSource

http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Enhancements/Graphics/3D/0208-976

One of the packages is for labeled ContourPlot[]s.

It is not the perfect solution, because placing the labels on a
graphics without overlap, nicely balanced is an NP hard
problem.

Regards
  Jens

~