Stellar nucleosynthesis

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26566] Stellar nucleosynthesis
  • From: Nader Daou <n_daou at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:23:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 In an attempt to solve 6 differential equations for
 the abundance of elements in the sun, each depending
 on a number of nuclear reactions, I have fount a 6X6
 matrix equation of quantities Y and Y' (six of
 each).
 The individual equations can be solved with NDSolve
 with initial conditions and parameters found in
 tables. My question is how can we solve the six
 equations together by solving the matrix equation?
 It
 will appreciate if one can give me an example of 2X2
 matrix, I will work out the generalization.

 Thank you

 Nader

=====
Nader DAOU