Fw: FORTRAN style, not OK?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26806] Fw: FORTRAN style, not OK?
  • From: "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:18:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii@mech.fukui-u.ac.jp>
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I found out a case in which I cannot directly use FORTRAN statement in
Mathematica programming.
Here is the case good in FORTRAN.

v=v-c

However in Mathematica, it seems that I have to use a trick like this.

temp=v;
v=temp-c

Is there more smart way for doing the above?
Please let me know.
The final goal for me is to do the following.

Do[
 Do[
      v[i][j][k] = v[i][j][k] - va[j]
      ,{j, 3}]