Re: Overriding Power

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26860] Re: [mg26808] Overriding Power
  • From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:27:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jeff,

I don't think it's a good idea to remove the Orderless attribute from Times.
Instead, use the operator NonCommutativeMultiply (**), or one of the many
other operators Mathematica supplies which have no builtin meaning. If you
want to provide some more details on your package, perhaps somebody will be
able to give you some more explicit advice.

Carl Woll
Physics Dept
U of Washington