Queries: notebook, matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26975] Queries: notebook, matrices
  • From: "M. Damerell" <uhah208 at rhbnc.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:38:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry if these are answered in a FAQ file, I could not
find any FAq file for this group. Math. 4.0,  windows95.

1. I do a lot of calculation in a notebook, save it,
then when I restart Math & open the file I have to
recalculate each item before I can resume where I
left off.  Is there any way to tell Math to recalculate
everything when the file is reopened?

2. I enter a matrix as (say)  A={{1,2,3},{4,5,6} etc
and it displays in that form. Is there any way to make
Math display matrices as matrices? I know you can do

B=A.A//MatrixForm

this looks right but Math doesnt know this is a matrix.
So I would like matrices to be held internally in list
form but displayed in matrix form.

3. and finally, is there any way to export the matrix
into  Excel?