RE: 1. Input of screen coordinates; 2. Fast graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26958] RE: [mg26953] 1. Input of screen coordinates; 2. Fast graphics
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:38:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Manuel,

You can click off points from a plot and copy them.
1) Click on the plot to select it.
2) Hold down Ctrl and then click of the series of points that you want to
copy.
3) Then copy by any of the usual methods: right click and use the context
menu, or use Copy in the Edit menu, or use Ctrl-C.
4) Paste into any Mathematica Input cell expression, again using the usual
methods.

For your second question, these are the timings I got for creating an array
and then plotting it on a 800 Mhz PC. I designed the table so the Hue values
would run from 0 to 1. It was necessary to include the decimal points in the
iterators to avoid exact expressions and do machine precision calculations.
Otherwise it takes much longer.

(mat = Table[(1 + Cos[x]*Sin[y])/2, {x, 0., Pi, Pi/600.}, {y, 0., Pi,
Pi/600.}];)//Timing
{0.83 Second, Null}

Timing[Show[Graphics[{Raster[mat, ColorFunction -> Hue]}],
    AspectRatio -> Automatic, Frame -> True]; ]
{3.51 Second, Null}

Is that too slow?

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net